Simply put… Make Money Online
To extrapolate, we use data in order to gain insights into what action should be taken next in order to further drive profitability of a given company/website. In our case, our affiliate network. A key difference in our marketing strategy is that we rely primarily on search engines as a means of traffic, paid search and other paid advertising is a waste of money, at least in this affiliate’s eyes, when the ROI for organic search results can’t be touched. There are few steps that always happen when we set out to make money online:
- Gather Data
- Analyze data for insights
- Take action based on those insights
- Monitor the outcomes of those actions
- Then compare the outcomes to our baseline sample at start of campaign/experiment and determine the value of the actions taken, if they improved profitability we find a way to refine and exploit that action/refinement, if the outcomes didn’t improve profitability then we move on to the next experiment/test to improve that vulnerability in the strategy, until it is resolved.
- Rinse and repeat, this is a constant cycle that must be happening all the time in order to stay on top.
Offsite Optimization boils down to pretty much two things, social mention/engagement and link acquisition. Sometimes these two things overlap, but those are the two main focal points.
- Social Mention refers to other users online mentioning your brand in some way, like through a tweet or a blog post. True social mention is unsolicited by the person/company receiving the mention, often as marketers we have to use a little coercion to obtain the “mention”, or acquire them on a large scale.
- Link Acquisition refers to the act of soliciting webmasters to get a backlink to your site with the ultimate goal of ranking in search engines. There are many ways of performing link acquisition, we’ll discuss those further in our “Strategy” category in our blog.